World Heavyweight Champions is the twenty-first Heir to the Throne tournament, and it was held on the Psycho Andy Message Boards between August and September of 2012, to determine the best WWE/WCW World Heavyweight Champion to date.
- M-W-F updates, with four matches per day.
- Matches posted on Monday and Wednesday will be open for 48 hours before auto-locking, while matches posted on Friday will be open for 72 hours.
- Vote retraction will be allowed, in case you make a mistake, or want to break a tie at the last minute.
- In the event of a tie, both competitors are eliminated and replaced with a randomly-chosen Alternate (see below).
- In the semifinal and final rounds, overall votes will be added up to determine a winner.
- If there is STILL a tie, a re-match will be held.
- The Alternates list, as selected by the voters:
- CM Punk def Jeff Hardy
- Goldberg def Rey Mysterio
- Lex Luger tied Shawn Michaels -- Both eliminated, replaced by Macho Man Randy Savage
- Kevin Nash tied Sheamus -- Both eliminated, replaced by Triple H
- Edge def Sycho Sid
- Christian Cage def Hulk Hogan
- Kurt Angle def Jeff Jarrett
- Big Show def Jack Swagger
- Ric Flair d John Cena
- Booker T d Batista
- Goldberg d CM Punk
- Edge d Christian Cage
- Kurt Angle d Big Show
- The Rock d Bret Hart
- The Undertaker d Triple H -- Triple H replaced the tying Kevin Nash and Sheamus
- Macho Man Randy Savage d Kane -- Savage replaced the tying Shawn Michaels and Lex Luger
- Booker T d Ric Flair
- Kurt Angle d The Rock
- Macho Man Randy Savage d The Undertaker
- Goldberg tied Edge -- Edge advances for having more overall votes in the tournament
This round saw the winner of this tournament go up against the winner of the WWE Champions tournament